Overview: What are we talking about?
Gingr Payments is our most comprehensive payment processing integration to date for Gingr customers. Gingr Payments’ infrastructure is powered by Stripe, which is an industry-leader for payment management and fraud protection. Gingr Payments has an advantage over our other payment integrations because it is the only integration that you can manage from within your Gingr app. Additionally, it offers synced, in-person terminal payments for customers in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK.
This article includes:
- How to Sign Up for Gingr Payments
- Gingr Payments Dashboard
- How to Order a Stripe Credit Card Terminal for Gingr Payments
- How to Set Up your Stripe Credit Card Terminal (WisePOS E) for Gingr Payments
- How to Set Up your Stripe Credit Card Terminal (Verifone P400) for Gingr Payments
- How to Repurpose your Stripe Credit Card Terminal (Verifone P400) for Gingr Payments
- Configuring Gingr Payments and Accepting Payments
Gingr Payments Features:
- Competitive rates
- Collect online payments
- Collect automated deposits
- Securely store multiple credit cards on file for each customer
- Integrated refunds
- Integrated dashboard and reports
- Credit card terminal with tipping ability that syncs right to Gingr*
- Everything important to your business lives right in your Gingr app!
*For customers in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK only; tipping is available on the WisePOS E terminal. IMPORTANT: This functionality is not available for credit cards on file.
Who is eligible?
Gingr Payments is currently supported in the following countries. Currently, an integrated credit card terminal is only available in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom.
|United Arab Emirates (UAE)
|United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rates & Fees
To view the current rates for your country, navigate to the book icon Reports & More > Reports > Gingr Payments Dashboard directly in your Gingr app. Once you select your country, the current rates for card present and card not present transactions will be displayed.
Fees are calculated on every transaction and only the net payment less fees will be received by the business.
Fees are also rounded up to the nearest (smallest) currency value. Example calculation:
11.11 payment x .013 percentage fee = 0.14443 +.20 flat fee = 0.34443 rounds up to 0.35 for the fee
In addition to the standard processing rates and fees, the following will apply when applicable:
- Dispute Fee (assessed per disputed payment) = $40.00
- Account Debit Fee (assessed per debit event) = 0.25% of the account debit amount
For additional information or questions related to rates and fees, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com.
Gingr Payments payout schedules are typically automatically set up on a 2 business day schedule. However, some international accounts and accounts that are identified by Stripe as higher-risk may have different payout schedules, please see below. Once the account has been created, the user can see their Payout Schedule from the Gingr Payments Dashboard.
If your country is not listed above please contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding payout schedules.
A refund doesn’t necessarily follow the timeline of payouts. Refunds will appear in a connected account’s next available payout.
Example: Payouts for a connected account are created at 8:50 a.m. each morning. A refund issued prior to 8:50 a.m. will be included in the payout created at 8:50 a.m. the same day. A refund issued after 8:50 a.m. will be included in the following day’s payout.
Payouts are delivered as described above based on schedules determined by the users' country, as well as the risk associated with their account. Once the account has been created, users can see their Payout Schedule from the Gingr Payments Dashboard.
Users can also review the Balances and Payouts section of the Gingr Payments dashboard to view more details about their payouts.
There is also a Reports section and when selecting to generate either the activity, balance or payout reconciliation report there will be a banner stating the report will take a couple minutes to load which reads “Your report is loading! Please be patient as these reports may sometimes take several minutes to load.”
Currently, Stripe terminals are available for customers in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK. Customers in these countries can order a terminal directly from within their Gingr app by following the steps below.
Please note that a user must have Admin permissions to order a terminal.
1. Navigate to Book icon » Reports » Gingr Payments Dashboard. Alternatively, terminals can also be ordered from Admin » Credit Card Processing » Gingr Payments Terminals » + Add Terminal.
2. On the left-hand side of this page, click Card Readers » + Add Terminal
3. On the Add Terminal window, select the Order Terminal button.
4. In the pop-up window select the hardware you want to purchase. Complete the recipient and shipping information and then click Continue to Payment.
5. Next you will be prompted to enter your payment information. Once submitted, your completed order will display under your “Order History."
- If I am a current Stripe customer, do I need to reapply for Gingr Payments?
Yes. Existing Stripe customers will need to apply for Gingr Payments. We recommend you keep your prior Stripe account open to access historical data and reporting as needed. Click HERE for a knowledge base article on how to sign up for Gingr Payments.
- If I currently have a Stripe terminal (Verifone P400), can I use the same hardware for Gingr Payments?
Yes! If you are currently using a Stripe terminal (Verifone P400), you can repurpose it for your new Gingr Payment account. Click HERE for a knowledge base article on how to repurpose your existing terminal.
- Can I issue a refund directly through my Gingr app once I am signed up for Gingr Payments?
Yes! With Gingr Payments you can issue refunds back to a customer’s credit card directly through your Gingr app. Click HERE for a knowledge base article on issuing refunds.
- I tried signing up and got an Access Denied error.
Make sure the Can Modify Stripe Verification Data permission will need to selected for your user group under Book Icon» Reports » Groups.
- What card types are accepted with Gingr Payments?
Gingr Payments can accept most types of credit and debit cards in the United States. For businesses in Canada, Interac debit cards can be accepted via the card terminal and manual entry.