Collecting Deposits from the Business Side
- Automatically Required Deposits
- Manually Attached Deposits
- Deposits Page
- Collecting Deposits from the Customer Portal
View full article on Setting up Deposits and Deposit Settings: Setting up Deposits
Collecting Deposits from Business Side:
Automatically Required Deposits
If you have setup required deposits or a specific type of reservation for a specified date range, a prompt will appear to pay the deposit when the new reservation is created from the New Reservation Page.
Manually Attached Deposits
Deposits can be manually attached to any reservation. To attach a deposit, click on the Create Deposit button on the Estimate. To turn on/off this option navigate to: Admin > Search Admin Items: System Wide Settings > Allow Deposit on Any Reservation.
You will then be prompted to select the percentage of the total that will be paid with this deposit:
Left Navigation > Reservations > Deposits > Outstanding Deposits > Actions Menu > Collect Deposit.
After collecting a deposit, if that customer has additional unpaid deposits, you will be prompted to collect those as well.
Note: Deposit information can also be found on the owner details and reservation details pages.
Important!: There is no email sent to the customer for this action. You may view and print a receipt.
Customer Portal deposit payment page
To view and edit deposit settings navigate to Admin > System Wide Settings. See this article for a list of all deposit settings.
- New Deposit Email - When a deposit request is created, an email can be automatically sent to the customer, informing them that they must pay a deposit.
- Daily Deposit Email - If a deposit is unpaid, an optional daily email can be sent to remind the customer to pay the deposit.