Coupons are percentage or dollar amount discounts (or surcharges/ up-charges), that can be applied to line items in the shopping cart at checkout. There are two types of Coupons:
- Multi-Use coupons are created ahead of time in the Admin section, and then used repeatedly in the cart
Single Use Coupons are created at the moment of checkout in the cart.
Creating Multi-Use Coupons:
Left Navigation > Admin > Search Admin Items: Coupons
To Create a Multi-Use Coupon
1. Click the Add Coupon button
2. Use this Field Guide to create your coupon:
This is a code you can share with customers when telling them about a promotion, and it is also the name of the coupon as it will appear in the cart. The Code must be a string of letters and numbers without spaces.
Choose either a Percentage OR a monetary Amount. Fill out only one of these fields.
This is the dollar amount the coupon will deduct or add. Enter it in the following format: xx.xx.
- for a discount, use a positive number
- for an up-charge, use a negative number
This is the percentage amount the coupon will deduct or add. Enter it in the following format: xx.xx (15.90 = 15.9%).
Enter a very short description of the coupon.
This will appear on customers' receipts when you apply the coupon!
All coupons must expire. You can choose the year 2030 or some time far in the future if you would prefer the coupon last "forever".
Once per owner
This setting, if enabled, will only allow this coupon to be used once per owner. This is helpful if you offer "newcomer" discounts or one-time only coupons.
Note: If you see Reusable or Deleted buttons on this page, they will be going away soon, so please ignore them. Please leave them set up as follows: Reusable = yes/on, and Deleted = no/off.
Using Multi-Use Coupons in the Cart:
1. In the cart, click the Coupon button on any line item.
2. Select the coupon you want to apply.Note: The coupon will appear beneath any other price modifiers (created with Pricing Rules). The discount will be shown in the Unit Price and be reflected in the Subtotal. The discount will also be shown on the customer's receipt.
Note: To remove a coupon, click the X button next to it.
Creating Single-Use Coupons in the Cart:
1. Click the tags button on any line item in the cart
2. Enter a Description and Amount for your coupon:
Note: When entering the Amount, it is important to remember that a Positive amount = Discount and a Negative amount = Surcharge.
3. Click the + button to complete adding the coupon. The coupon will appear beneath any other price modifiers (created with Pricing Rules). The discount will be shown in the Unit Price and be reflected in the Subtotal. The discount will also be shown on the customer's receipt.
- Apply coupons to final modifiers - This setting is turned On by default. If turned Off, coupons applied to a line item will only apply to the base rate and not to any "Final Rate Modifiers," such as Check in before/after, Check out Before/after, Specific Date, minutes after last 24 hour period...