Video Tutorial: Setting up a New User and Commission
Navigate to Left Navigation Menu > Reports & More > Users.
- Click Create a New User.
Fill out the New User Form:
Note: Enter a temporary password for the user. They will log in for the first time with the temporary password you provide, and then they will be able to reset it. If you prefer to have your employee sign up on their own, please scroll down the bottom of this article for instructions.
- Click Sign Up.
- Activate the New User. Upon clicking Sign Up, you will be directed to the User Page.
- Click on the Toggle Inactive Users button to view Inactive users.
Find the user you have just created, and click the red Inactive button to activate their account.
Now an Active button will appear beside their information:
Important!: Gingr does not delete users! When an employee leaves your company, you will set their status to Inactive. This way, records of appointments and reservations associated with the employee remain intact.
Set the Location and Select User Groups for New User
Before your new user can login, you must set their home location and assign them to user groups. To complete setting up this user account:
- Click Edit from the Actions Menu.
- You will be navigated to the Edit User page.
- Optionally, edit the username; enter address and contact info if you have it, or you can leave these fields for the employee to input later.
- Select the correct home Location for this user!
Important!: You must set the location in order for the user to be able to log in to Gingr.
- Choose the user's User Groups.
• Select the groups you would like this user to be in.
• Deselect groups they should not be in.
Important!: Selecting user groups is an important step as it determines which user permissions the user will have (what they can or cannot do/ see in Gingr).
- Click Save User.
Employee Sign Up Instructions:
- Direct your employee to: https://companyname.gingrapp.com/auth/create_user. (replace "companyname" with your sub domain).
- They will fill out the Sign Up form with their name, email address, phone number and password, and click Sign Up.
- Once they have done this, you can activate their account, set the home location, assign user groups (as shown above).
- Once you Save User, they will be able to log in for the first time.