Processing a refund for a payment made through the Transactions tab on the owner's profile, is slightly different than a normal refund:
If it was a credit card payment:
If your business took a credit card payment through the Add a Credit button on the customer's profile, and you wish to refund this payment, you must refund through your CardConnect Merchant Center at https://merchantcenter.cardconnect.com, in addition to refunding in Gingr.
These refunds must be done in 2 steps.
- First you must issue the refund in CardConnect
- You must issue the refund in Gingr to update their transaction history on their owner profile.
If it was not a credit card payment:
If your business took a payment or issued a credit through the Add a Credit button using any payment method other than by credit card and you wish to refund that payment, skip step 1 and proceed to step 2.
Step 1: Issuing Refund in CardConnect
- Login to the Merchant Center: https://merchantcenter.cardconnect.com
- Navigate to the Reporting tab.
- Under the Date tab tab, choose Specific Dates and select the date of the payment you are refunding.
- Copy the CardConnect Transaction ID number from the customer's Transaction history in Gingr.
- Paste it into the Search Columns field in the Merchant Center:
- Click Transaction # for the transaction in the Merchant Center.
...and on the Transaction Details page in the Merchant Center, click the Refund button.
Modify the refund Amount if it is a partial refund, enter a Refund Reason and click Refund.
Step 2: Issue the Refund in Gingr
Note: This method will edit historical reporting. If you have already run a report for the period of the original transaction, using the below refund method will cause a newer report including the same date to produce different figures. We are working on new ways to take pre-payment in the application, which will make refunds for prepayments and account credits more straightforward.
- Navigate to the Owner's page in Gingr and click the Transactions tab.
- Find the credit line item and click the Pencil Icon in the Edit column.
- Edit the credit amount according to what was refunded. If it was a full refund, make the credit amount $0.00 and change the payment method to No Payment.